Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-116 (122) - Audio Interstage Transformer - Modification

Thanks for the info.

The thing I worry about is burning out the primary as it carries the plate load. I thought such reasoning at your web site made sense. And by my experience, first having my transformer dead, and then trying to find a replacement, it makes sense to protect it. These transformers are getting hard to find. So I think I'd like to try the modification. I may first hook things up as per the schematic. Then tune and experience how the radio works according to original design. Then implement the modification and see how it changes. I am concerned about the dynamic range and how it may/may not change.

Regarding the plate resistor to install, there is plate resistance and load resistance for the 6F6. RC 15 has them at 80K for fixed bias, and 7k. What part do these values play in selecting a replacement resistor for the primary winding?

Also, I'm wondering what happened such that the primary burned out. Did a tube short out? or what?

Further comments are welcome.
John

Messages In This Thread
Re: 37-116 (122) - Audio Interstage Transformer - Modificati - by spfradios2 - 05-27-2010, 05:26 PM