Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

610b replacing Electrolytics after 20years

Hello Everyone,
Well it happen after around 20 years of faithly listening to my Philco 601b that I restored in about 2004-2005 ,
One  Sprague Atom electrolytics finally went bad .

This time I have Decided to go with using  Film Capacitors and chose these     Panasonic capacitors either the 3.9ufd or   4.7ufd at 630volts I can use . here is the link to mouser showing the capacitors  .

Since this set uses two 8ufd electrolytics and one 16ufd electrolytic capacitor I will use two 3.9 ufd or 4.7ufd  in parallel to come up with 8ufd's and four in parallel for the 16ufd .
if I use to 4.7ufd will 9.4ufd cause any issues ? far as I figure I am good .

read this Following information and where it talks about a Fuse will that cause any issue ?
Quote:Designed for DC applications that don't require sisnificant amount of pulse current .The built- in fuse function for use for DC linkage and have low hum .

One thing that  glad about is I stuffed the original cans so they are very easy to open up and replace the capacitors the other Idea I  using  crossover coupling capacitors like Solen or Audyn brand .

So if you had your choose which route would you go ?
Sincerely Richard

Messages In This Thread
610b replacing Electrolytics after 20years - by radiorich - 02-12-2023, 03:30 PM
462ron - by 462ron - 02-14-2023, 07:30 AM