Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 60B ....Missing ground wire?

OK folks,
  Here is my second post. I have learned a lot but I know just enough to get into trouble. I got another model 60. This one is a 1934, (looking at the cabinet) model B.  Another $5 yard sale special.
  After looking at it I thought this could be a quick fix, everything looked ok and complete except for the capacitors. Both caps had hard white foam coming on the top. The power cord had an initial length splice into, and one of the caps had been maybe removed or loosed at one time. Also there was about 6 feet of copper wire coiled up loose and stowed. (I think this was used as an antenna).
  So i removed the caps in order to restuff them with modern caps. the first one was normal (part number 30-2025 A)  (what I was used to seeing). Two power wires soldered to one connection and a ground wire fit tightly in between the cardboard that surrounds the bottom of caps that insulates the caps from the bracket that holds them to the chassis. 
  The second cap (30-2024) has just one power wire BUT there is no visible ground wire. I can see a mark on the inside of the cardboard tube where there was one.  Where would this missing ground wire run to?
  When Pull the chassis out of the cabinet to replace the power cord I will have proper access to the rest of the radio BUT were should I look? Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated

Jeff

Messages In This Thread
Model 60B ....Missing ground wire? - by FixAcft - 03-15-2023, 09:19 AM
RE: Model 60B ....Missing ground wire? - by RodB - 03-17-2023, 11:01 AM
RE: Model 60B ....Missing ground wire? - by RodB - 03-17-2023, 11:02 AM