Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Antennas

Hi guys. I've been MIA for a few years, moving house a couple times among other significant events keeping me from this hobby.

I listened to my Model 20 a fair amount during 2020 while working from home until the power stopped working. I finally had a look and discovered a poor original wire from the power switch. Replaced and it's back in business (except for an issue of occasional good signal that becomes poor and drops as the set warms up over a couple minutes. My original thought was a hot tube issue, but will start looking into it more this spring).

Now that I'm settled in a house, I'm thinking of improved reception for my radios. What do you guys think of a roof aerial or something mounted in the attic? I've used an assortment of plain wire antennas over the years that have been "ok", but would like better performance overall. I'm about 30 miles southwest of Chicago and can pick up a couple stations pretty well, but not much else. I'd like to listen to something besides the ballgame and political talk radio.

Greg

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

Messages In This Thread
Antennas - by WallaceRoger - 03-20-2023, 01:00 PM
RE: Antennas - by Chas - 03-20-2023, 03:53 PM
RE: Antennas - by WallaceRoger - 03-20-2023, 04:16 PM
462ron - by 462ron - 03-21-2023, 07:22 AM