Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AM transmitter issues

Hi there,

First, let me start by saying I'm definitely more of a collector and not strong on the engineering side of things. I currently use a Spitfire AM transmitter which worked well when I was feeding it with a cheap radio/phone combo with adjustable volume. I'm now upgrading to a Garrard RC-88/4 turntable and preamp. Unfortunately, it sounds like the preamp is overpowering the transmitter even at the lowest gain setting (which is 39db). Just getting alot of distortion even after playing with various frequencies and ATU switch settings. Are there any other settings on this transmitter I can play with?

Another option is I have an SSTran AMT-3000. That has gain adjustment of its own, which would probably solve my problem. But the unit stopped working a few years back, which is why I bought the Spitfire. On the AMT-3000, it lights up but does not send out a signal. (I've also played with frequencies and settings on this unit, and it does have an antenna wire plugged in.) 

Anyone who has any thoughts on either dealing with the distortion on the Spitfire or getting the AMT-3000 playing again, would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to avoid buying a third transmitter.

Thanks,
Steve

Messages In This Thread
AM transmitter issues - by oldschoolphotoguy - 04-15-2023, 05:39 PM
RE: AM transmitter issues - by vinzer - 04-15-2023, 07:03 PM
RE: AM transmitter issues - by MrFixr55 - 04-16-2023, 09:37 AM
RE: AM transmitter issues - by Radioroslyn - 04-16-2023, 11:02 AM
RE: AM transmitter issues - by radiorich - 04-16-2023, 01:33 PM
RE: AM transmitter issues - by oldschoolphotoguy - 04-21-2023, 04:51 PM