Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Speaker Plugs

I found what I believe to be the correct 5-pin Philco speaker plugs on the auction site by widening the search criteria. They should arrive on Saturday while I am at the hamfest in Stanardsville, VA. I'm not an amateur operator (I've been a commercial operator for more than 50 years), but hamfests are a great place to find instruments, books and manuals, components, and wire and cable. Among other things I'll be looking for a number of things that I need to build several cables for my Universal Shop Speaker and Dummy Field Coil, as well as to expand that system to handle dual and tapped field coils.

I need to build two cables with the 5-pin Philco connectors. One is the 4-wire cable for my Philco 42-355. The other is a 5-wire cable for my GE F-63. If the plugs I'm awaiting are correct I will have a number of spares that I can trade for other plugs that I need.

The 4-wire cable for my Philco 116-B is due on Monday. All I will be using is the plug, since the wiring for my test cable will be made with test lead wire, as are all of my speaker test cables for any chassis with an electrodynamic speaker.

Dale H. Cook, GR/HP/Tek Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/

Messages In This Thread
Philco Speaker Plugs - by DaleHCook - 04-17-2023, 01:15 PM
RE: Philco Speaker Plugs - by DaleHCook - 04-20-2023, 12:23 PM
RE: Philco Speaker Plugs - by DaleHCook - 04-23-2023, 07:14 AM
RE: Philco Speaker Plugs - by DaleHCook - 04-27-2023, 12:19 PM