Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sansei Polaris

I picked up a Sansei AM / FM plastic table radio a while back. It's a cheap early 1960s six tube, two diode Japanese set that came with a few gremlins. So far, I have not found a schematic so all the repairs that I've done to date are just educated guesses based on markings on the existing componants. I've replaced the electrolytics and a toasted resistor in the power supply section (the resistor was burned in two, so I just made my best guess on a replacement). The radio plays loud and clear on AM, but after an hour or more it suddenly loses signal. On the FM side, the lower frequencies are a little weak when the set is cold and the higher freqs are fine. After just a few minutes of warming up, starting with the lower freqs the progressing up, it begins to lose signal across the entire FM band. So, does anyone have a suggestion on where I can find any information on this model or where I should concentrate my efforts on the troubleshooting? Even being able to find a schematic for another make / model radio with the same tube line up might be helpful (17EW8, 12BE6, 12AC6, 2 ea. 12BA6 & 50EH5).
Thanks,
Dave

Messages In This Thread
Sansei Polaris - by Dave - 06-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Re: Sansei Polaris - by codefox1 - 06-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Re: Sansei Polaris - by Dave - 06-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Re: Sansei Polaris - by denver - 06-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Re: Sansei Polaris - by denver - 06-14-2010, 01:36 PM