Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith Model 7 -S-204 "Waltons"

Hi everyone,
 I'm working on this model of Zenith (Riders 1938 WXYZ page 105 ).I have got an i.f. signal through to the speaker with  the sig gen connected to the grid of the 6A8 which suggests that all is as it should be in the following  sections of the set.

But the "pre 6A8 " tuned sections are proving a problem.I have identified the connections to the first aerial coil located, unshielded, across the bottom of the chassis and from there to the "gimmick " coiled round the grid lead to the 6A8.

The connections  to the next coil ,shielded in a can  , next to the oscillator coil similarly shielded in a can which is  closest to the dial  are a mystery to me.Looking into the chassis with the dial away from me there are seven tags on this coil which I have numbered 1 - 7 starting  at 11 o'clock for 1 progressing clockwise through to seven. Seven has a red fabric covered wire to it from the wavechange  switch. Tag 1 has a green fabric covered wire and the heavy bare wire to the middle gang of the tuning condenser connected to it.

I'm hoping that someone may have worked on this set and kept notes perhaps on which tag connects to where on this coil .
Also on my set the wave change switch moves "too smoothly" from Police to Broadcast.There is no feeling of detent between sections leading me to wonder if this is a switch fault .Is there an owner of one of theses sets who can tell me if there should be a definite "click" between sections as the switch rotates? The "shutter " in the dial works correctly but the lack of "clunk clunk clunk " on rotation I feel is suspicious.
All contributions welcome and thanks to all. Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
Zenith Model 7 -S-204 "Waltons" - by Antipodal - 08-30-2023, 04:11 PM
RE: Zenith Model 7 -S-204 "Waltons" - by Chas - 08-30-2023, 05:53 PM
RE: Zenith Model 7 -S-204 "Waltons" - by Chas - 09-02-2023, 12:06 AM
RE: Zenith Model 7 -S-204 "Waltons" - by RodB - 09-02-2023, 08:04 AM
RE: Zenith Model 7 -S-204 "Waltons" - by RodB - 09-17-2023, 08:45 AM
RE: Zenith Model 7 -S-204 "Waltons" - by Chas - 09-17-2023, 09:18 AM