Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any information would be nice "first philco"

I picked up this radio on craigslist because i thought it looked neat and to have a piece of history in my house would be nice. Fist of all i'm 21 years old and i have no idea what this thing is much less what tubes are. I know i probably shouldn't have bought this thing but anyways. Can anyone tell me how to get thing thing going. The power cord was all broken so i replaced and now when i plug it in SOME of the the little glass bulbs (tubes i beleive) light up. Do the ones that don't light up need to be replace? If is there anywhere to buy more? Sorry if all the questions are dumb but i'm having a hard time finding any resources on how these things work. the guy who i bought this from said he was the original owner and that he listen to it throughout the 30's he believed. I would like to get this thing working just enough to hear something coming out. From what i have found online its a 19x can you tell me anymore? Attached is a picture. Thanks again guys

[Image: http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k420/...C_0108.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Any information would be nice "first philco" - by noideawhatimdoing - 08-11-2010, 07:19 AM