Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My First Philco: 46-1203 CODE 125 help?

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums and I guess my first question pertaining to my very first Philco radio. I just bought it today off Craigslist and am very happy with it. The cord is in really poor shape, cracked and very brittle. But it does turn on and the tuner works fine as I have picked up several stations, though there is still a rather loud hum through the speaker, which is diminished by half with the tone knob, but still apparent. The two issues that I do not know how to fix at the moment, is one how do I actually use the phonograph itself. I have figured out the knob to turn it on, and the switch to turn it on, but I cannot figure out how to use the auto changer. Also the second issue is also with the phonograph, I cannot get the volume to go above a soft whisper. I did a small bit of reading and found that it may be the contacts or something that has corrosion on it that can be cleaned. I do not know how to do this, any help would be appreciated, I have enclosed pictures of my new pride and joy. Thanks ahead of time. -Steve

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

Messages In This Thread
My First Philco: 46-1203 CODE 125 help? - by sh71382 - 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM