Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help identifying a Philco Radio/Turntable

Hi,

Apologies if this is going to the wrong section of the forum. I have just acquired a Philco radio/Turntable cabinet (my Dad would have called this a radiogram but I don't know if this is correct). The radio works fine and the turntable spins also. I only paid £20 for it so I wasn't overly concerned that the chap who sold it to me said that when a record is put on the turntable the pick up arm just skates across it. It would be nice to know what kind of stylus I need to fix it though. The unit looks to be 1950s /1960s in style and is about 3 feet long and maybe 14 inches deep and 18 inches high. It is basicalle a cabinet with a polished wooden top - all the controls etc. are on the front. It has a horizontally opening tambour door to the left containing a turntable behind. The turntable is four speed and has a Monarch badge on the front of it. The radio has four control knobs silver on the front and about one and a half inches in diameter. The radio section has a cream fabric type speaker grill above it. The cabinet has Model 5400 printed on the back but googling this has not thrown up a picture that matches what I have. Hence my post. I tried to upload pics but the file sizes are too big. I would welcome any information anyone can give me.

Messages In This Thread
Help identifying a Philco Radio/Turntable - by littlebillyj - 01-23-2011, 08:53 AM