Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Mod 91 code 221 no reception

Hi there and thanks for the info. I'm getting 720 VAC between the 2 p's at the rectifier and approx 400 VDC to the 2 F's. I'm also finding 380-400 volts around the choke. I'm also getting that similar voltage to the output TF on the speaker. I cleaned the 36 tube and socket but it is still dim. I did find a problem with part 6287-C, I replaced the capacitor but was supposed to have a 200ohm resistor there. I added it to the circuit(number 9 on the schematic). I was probing at the coils underneath checking for ohms and may have found an open circiut on the Oscillator coil (number 19) but it was difficult for me to diagnose. however when I plugged it in and turned it on I got a sizzle and could see some sparking on the Detector transformer (number 12). I immediately unplugged it. I dont know if I made a short while probong under the coils or if the soldered in resistor caused it. I simply solered it to each side of the capacitor as shown in the schematic. either way I think that coils' fried. Do you think I should go ahead and just try to find a new Det TF and/or Oscillator coil?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco Mod 91 code 221 no reception - by rlloyd898 - 02-07-2011, 06:02 PM