Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 116H ?

Thanks for the research, Ron, I think you are right on. The cabinet has none of the typical Philco labels and no sigh that they ever were there. Additionally there is no "Philco" decal anywhere on the cabinet face. Yes, the outputs are 42 and the rectifier is an 80 vice a 5Z3.

It is interesting that the grillecloth is period chevron grillecloth, not a recent replacement. I wonder if this is an option offered by a dealer in conjunction with a local furniture company? Kind of like buying a ford mustang and having ford ship the car to Saleen to modify it into a "Saleen" mustang.

You often hear of furniture companies offering cabinets for different manufacturer/model radios, I think this is one of those. If it is a one-off made by someone for a customer's 116, it is very professionally done.

I have a "skyscraper" style table model cabinet made by a company in Illinois that came with an early silvertone chassis in it, not unlike the chassis in my model 1471. I don't believe that I included it in any of my collection pics, I need to do that.

Messages In This Thread
Philco 116H ? - by TA Forbes - 04-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Re: Philco 116H ? - by Doug Houston - 04-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Re: Philco 116H ? - by Ron Ramirez - 04-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Re: Philco 116H ? - by TA Forbes - 04-17-2011, 11:47 PM