Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WHATZIT?

The portable turns out to be a 48-360, faux alligator skin and all. I wonder what a faux alligator looks like....?? It's in great shape. Too bad it didn't have a battery in it to have Bill the battery-maker make a replica battery for it.
Gee, I can't WAIT to remove that oscillator coil on the 89! 19 wires and all! But I may have to do just that. I'm not afraid to do it, but I AM lazy! Icon_problem Hmmmm, maybe I can do it up like one of those Thomas repro things, with an MP-3 player and CD player. Ron, you can smack me at any time! Icon_thumbdown
Then I have two 38-10s with the same problem.. the rubber separating the tuner frame and the chassis is gone. If you've never seen the tuning cap on one of these, you really should! I don't quite know how to address that, so the 2 clone radios languish. I have a whole lineup of Philco radios waiting for a turn on my bench.
Thankfully, that Philco 80 has a power transformer. And it has 2 36s in it!! I hope it will oscillate! HEE HEE HEE!
Then, I've never finished that %&@(^*^(&%^& 16B that only has audio. I will have to learn to use a signal tracer to figure out where my boo-boo is.... I will eventually finish all these before I croak....I HOPE!

Steve McDonald

Messages In This Thread
WHATZIT? - by tubenutt - 07-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Re: WHATZIT? - by Ron Ramirez - 07-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Re: WHATZIT? - by Ron Ramirez - 07-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Re: WHATZIT? - by tubenutt - 07-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Re: WHATZIT? - by tubenutt - 07-12-2011, 05:34 PM