Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Hershey car show prize!

Hi to everyone,
I'm just home after a grueling 1600 mile round trip from my home in eastern Wis. to Hershey PA. for the fall classic Hershey car show. I'm an antique car nut as well and this was my first time out there with my friend and fellow "nut" who goes every year.
After having our hotel reservations changed literally a 1/2 hr before we left for PA. due to the floods, an all nighter of driving 800 miles directly to the show and then walking the swap meet for close to 10 hours and then finally getting to the new hotel after about 28 sleepless hours, I was a wreck and wondering why the H**l I had decided to do this! This was just the first day and I still had two more to go Icon_wtf !
Next day, still depressed at the realization that I'm not nearly as young as I used to be, I started out again Icon_yawn. after about 5 rows in the meet I saw a vendor unloading this and my day got instantly better Icon_surprised !! Controlling my excitement I walked over and asked the guy how much he wanted for it, waiting for the whacked out price I was expecting to hear----- $125.00---- SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I've ever whipped out my wallet faster!! He didn't know anything about radios and I wouldn't tell him what he had until I paid him Icon_lol !
In case you haven't guessed it's a model 513 Labrador Gray with matching speaker. and it's in excellent shape. the horribly unfortunate thing is that the vendors kid put his/her hand through the grill cloth loading it into the van Icon_thumbdown . I going to try and see if I can fix it. If not I have a 511 speaker with good cloth I will swap out. Fortunately they didn't damage the cone. the chassis is rust free with all matching Cunningham balloon style tubes. Even the cord is in excellent shape. The stand looks like it is made for this set. the colors match and the radio fits exactly into it. Did Philco offer a stand? this one has a sticker on the bottom of the shelf which reads "Robert Findlay MFG. Co. inc. Metal products, NY and Brooklyn" it is very ornate. I must apologize, I'm very tired from a 13 hr drive and when I took these photos I had the radio on the stand backwards. there are four ornate corner pieces on the front of the stand that aren't showing here. I will try and take some better pictures tomorrow.
I am ecstatic at finding this and just had to share!!!
Kevin

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

Messages In This Thread
My Hershey car show prize! - by 37silverstreak - 10-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Re: My Hershey car show prize! - by TA Forbes - 10-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Re: My Hershey car show prize! - by Ron Ramirez - 10-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Re: My Hershey car show prize! - by Marsupial - 10-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Re: My Hershey car show prize! - by Ron Ramirez - 10-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Re: My Hershey car show prize! - by Chicago Jimmy - 10-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Re: My Hershey car show prize! - by Marsupial - 10-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Re: My Hershey car show prize! - by Doug Houston - 10-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Re: My Hershey car show prize! - by Marsupial - 10-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Re: My Hershey car show prize! - by Glenn Roberts - 10-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Re: My Hershey car show prize! - by Texasrocker - 10-10-2011, 12:50 PM