Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 20 restoration state: need the voltage chart

Hi guys!

I am now up to plugging the thing in and trying to revive it.
Out of all the tubes I have, one 71A ( one of the two in the the output stage) did not have filament on, so I buzzed it - it was open, so I bought two new ones (the seller claims they are matched pair tested on Hikock).

Anyway, all tubes light up, no sound coming out.
(The hi-voltage rectifier works, which means my 80 diode tube is fine).
The brute force approach failed so far.

The speaker was restored in The Speaker Shop (I trust them, then what choice do I have?) and the output transformer I bought from Radiodaze is Hammond 125C, and the turns I use make the turn ratio roughly about 1:100 (I believe this is what original had), which makes the impedance (out of 0.7 Ohms) 7kOhm.
I hear light scratching when I touch the output socket pins with the meter, so the speaker is somewhat alive, judging by this.

So, short of buying my own Hikock (I realize there is more to tubes than just filament being intact), and testing all the tubes, right now I need the voltage chart for Philco 20, to start figuring out what else is wrong.

Anyone has it?

Any other advice?

Will appreciate any pointers.

Mike.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Philco 20 restoration state: need the voltage chart - by morzh - 10-25-2011, 07:32 PM