Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello all...

Hello, I am a new member on this forum and this is my first real foray into antique radios. I have had a couple of the modern style "retro" radios with cd player and the like. I enjoy them, but it's not the same when I'm listening to some old time radio programs. Well I found this 1935 Philco 610F in poor condition. The amp was burnt on the inside and honestly I don't know how to restore older electronics. I design and install Home Theaters for a living and they usually want the newest stuff.

Well I decided to gut the burnt parts and added a micro amp and a Blackberry Media gateway for Bluetooth audio. I added a multicolor led I had and that illuminates the dial, a small speaker in the bottom and it actually sounds really good. Now I don't want to offend any of the radio purists on here but I wanted something I could play all my music through and now it weighs pretty light and still looks good. A real great addition to my theater/listening room. I just wanted some insight on how to make the cabinet look better and where to get the missing part of the top knob. Again thanks for any comments they are really appreciated. Anyone else "modernize" something like this?

Sorry I can't add images, that are on my flickr page at Flickr.com/photos/b1gdaddy. Thanks guys http://flickr.com/photos/b1gdaddy

Messages In This Thread
Hello all... - by H_Roark - 11-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Re: Hello all... - by Ron Ramirez - 11-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Re: Hello all... - by Arran - 11-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Re: Hello all... - by TA Forbes - 11-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Re: Hello all... - by H_Roark - 12-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Re: Hello all... - by Doug Houston - 12-06-2011, 12:28 AM