Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another Philco rookie joins the Phorum

Hello Philco Phorum, my name is Bob and I live just outside Cincinnati Ohio. I decided to begin collecting Philco radios mainly due to the great amount of reference material available for restoring them, and also I enjoy some of the wonderful designs Philco produced. This site has been a fantastic help to me. I've quickly obtained models' 53-560, 53-956, a model 37-60, a model 84, a model 41-285 which I'm restoring the cabinet before winter, and my latest acquisition and pride and joy a model 37-620 CS "chairside" in which I believe I saw that only 3500 were made. The only cosmetic item the 37-620 CS needs is the trim ring. If anyone could steer me toward one of those trim rings, that would be great. I'm really learning everything from scratch, with no electronic or radio background, but I'm a fast learner, and just need experience. RON, if you happen to read this post, I have a question. You recently said you took delivery of a Philco from Ed in Ohio. Does this gentleman live in Miamisburg Oh? If so, I've met him while scouring a local antique mall, he's a great guy, and very patient and helpful to me, he said he's met you. I have one other FYI for anyone living around Cincinnati. There's a local store that sells Mohawk brand toners and lacquers loosely by the can for around $5.00 each. The store's name is Cincinnati Color on route 4, Fairfield, Oh. It's great, there's no minimum order to buy. That's about it for now, thanks Ron for this great site, and I hope to hear from some of you out there in the Phorum soon. Sincerely, BOBC

Messages In This Thread
Another Philco rookie joins the Phorum - by BOBC - 10-19-2006, 12:15 AM
[No subject] - by Poston Drake - 10-19-2006, 12:30 AM
[No subject] - by Chuck Schwark - 10-19-2006, 07:51 AM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 10-19-2006, 08:19 AM
[No subject] - by BOBC - 10-19-2006, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Poston Drake - 10-19-2006, 05:18 PM