Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4-Band dial scale #27-5039---What Model #?

Hey All,

Bought a $102 16B Cat escutcheonIcon_eek some extra parts came with it.Icon_smile Since Larry's been in ill health, I've been looking for an escutcheon for mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140745877409?ssP...1497.l2649

5 Band chassis HEAVILY MODIFIED with replaced sockets & 6v6s & 6SN7s abound,someone went to a lot of trouble wiring, basically, another radio underneath.Icon_rolleyes The cabinet is more salvageable than the chassis,SeriouslyIcon_crazy Still...

Got this & figured I could use some parts off it down the road besides my desperately needed escutcheon. K-17 speaker that I just glued the paper cone back together. I needed the grille cloth mounting board & now have the 2 original bottom speaker screws. I haven't checked the PT or other transformers, or should I say, transformer.Icon_mad

Being a 5-Band chassis it has a 4-Band dial scale fitted on the *condenser shaft*because of the missing tuning shaft parts, hence thee extra hole with large knobIcon_rolleyes.

I have a 4-Band 16B chassis with dial scale #27-5064 which is correct according to schematics & is different from the 4-Band dial scale #27-5039 that's attached to this modified chassis.

Is there a reverse engineering chart that can find model #s by looking up certain part #s? If not maybe Ron or Chuck can make one up in their spare time.Icon_lol

One other quick 16B question I have; Did the 4-Band chassis ever make it into the cathedral cabinet? Or is that a too late, too early combo?

That 4-Band (low profile tranny) chassis I have needs a home & I'm thinkin'Icon_redface heck maybe I'll need another escutcheon.Icon_wink

Still a 16B noob,
Lloyd

Feeling foolish, just last minutes when asking. Never asking, being foolish last forever.

Messages In This Thread
4-Band dial scale #27-5039---What Model #? - by CrumblingWires - 05-19-2012, 11:41 PM