Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radio Daze PHILCO Decals Corrected!

Folks, you know that I have been saying for years now that the PHILCO decals sold by Radio Daze were very inaccurate in appearance.

I am happy to report to you that most of the decals have been corrected!

[Image: http://www.philcoradio.com/images/phorum...Decals.jpg]

Don't worry, that new PH8 at the top of the photo above is not blurry on the sheets - that happened because of my stacking several decal sheets on the scanner to make the picture above.

I'm not currently aware of any Philco model needing a silver decal, but they have them (DCL-PH2), and the font is now correct.

I think the TRANSITONE font still needs some work, but I need to photograph some Philco Tropic decals and have some custom decals made. I think that when I do that photo shoot, I will also try to photograph an original Philco Transitone decal and submit it to Radio Daze.

I want to thank Mike Slusser and his staff for listening to us and making these decals "right." I hope that those of you who wrote to him with your concerns about the incorrect styles will now contact Mike and thank him for the new correct types!

I am only sorry, Mike, that I was unable to make this post before now - the last two weeks have been quite busy and hectic for me. My weekend traveling is now over for a while and I can concentrate on more things like this. (Yes, folks, Mike is watching, and is interested in your feedback on their products.)

For those of you who participate in that other forum, you have my permission to share the above photo over there if you wish.

And a final note - show Radio Daze your appreciation for the newly corrected decals by ordering several sheets! Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
Radio Daze PHILCO Decals Corrected! - by Ron Ramirez - 07-01-2012, 09:43 AM
RE: Radio Daze PHILCO Decals Corrected! - by Larry S. - 03-15-2014, 11:04 AM