Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RF Coil Question 91 type 126

The Antennae coil on this 91 (part #2 - Philco part = 32-1069), appears to have a magnetic wire wound around the outside of the form and a little small coil that the antennae connects to (25 ohm) that appears to be wound inside a small disk at the top of the coil assembly. This 25 ohm coil appears to be wound with a cloth covered wire with three tiny strands inside.

Am I right that the 25 ohm coil is just sitting at the top of this assembly? Or is the magentic wire wound over the cloth covered wire, with the wire terminating in that disk at the top?

Anyway, I found that one of the very fine cloth covered wires had been clipped by a mouse inside the coil, where it ran down the inside of the coil down to the lug. I was able to tin the three ends of the cloth covered wiring and solder on a fine piece of enamel coated magnetic wire and reconnect it to the lug again. After this "fix" the coil measures spot on 25 ohms just like it should.

The coil looks brand new with no green discoloration at all, so for now I am going to try this out and see how it goes. Unless you guys tell me I am crazy to be doing this. I can pull and rewind the coil if necessary.

I have an open winding in my Detector Transformer (part #12) on the 4.5 ohm side of the transformer that I still need to address. Starting to work that.

Messages In This Thread
RF Coil Question 91 type 126 - by TheGorper - 01-18-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: RF Coil Question 91 type 126 - by TheGorper - 01-30-2013, 11:00 PM