Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-116 De Luxe help in Colorado

Hello All, Ron R. restored the chassis of my Philco 37-116x De Luxe a few years ago, and I've been very happy with it. Over the holidays, I set a poinsettia plant on top of my radio (stupid, yes, I know, I know). To make a long story short - it leaked, ruined the finish on top of my radio cabinet, and I suspect that a little water may have somehow gotten inside the chassis because now.......the radio doesn't pick up any stations. I am absolutely devastated, and don't know what to do because I haven't the slightest clue as to how to repair these.

I allowed the radio to dry out completely for 2 weeks without turning it on. The radio now turns on, light bulbs work as they should, the tubes all seem to light up to some degree, and a buzz comes out of the speaker, but when I turn the dial or change the bands, nothing plays.

*Note: After switching the radio on and off a few times, it DID pick up stations, so I left it on for a while. After turning it off, and turning it on again.....no stations, just the usual electric buzz of the speaker (not radio static).

Additionally, for whatever reason, the tuning dial and the band switch are locked together such that when I switch the band knob, it turns the dial. I can hardly turn the dial (it's like it's stuck), but when it does move, the band switch turns with it - it's very tough to turn.

It wasn't like this just before Christmas prior to the poinsettia incident. I am just sick about this, and would appreciate any and all help. I live in Colorado - is there a Philco repair person in the greater Denver area? Someone who knows these 15 tube 'Grande Dames'? Please help! Icon_cry

Messages In This Thread
37-116 De Luxe help in Colorado - by philcobenz - 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM