Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-1201 Bing Crosby - Feet? Screws? Clips for Bottom?

Hello All,

I'm new here as well as to Philco. I used to live in Philly a few neighborhoods away from what used to be their headquarters, so this is a small piece of home for me. Icon_smile

I have a 46-1201 (code 127) that I am slowly restoring. I am currently touching up the cabinet and purchased a replica bottom panel as mine was missing.

My question is how was the bottom mounted underneath the M-7 phonograph? Did this model have rubber feet and machine screws or was it just clipped on, in the way that backs are mounted? Was it all of the above?

On the frame of the M-7, I see a few holes that I can not match threads to (I have a few tools for that). There is one remaining piece, center right side, which I think is a clip to slide the board into.

Can anyone recommend the parts I need to close the bottom as it used to be? I know I could tap a new set of holes and just pop on any set of bumpers, but I'd like to stay true to the original if possible.

Also which direction does the bottom plate mount (there are round holes on one side of the board, the other open slots)?

I do have all the Philco service manuals (Philco's and Sam's) but see nothing about the hardware on the base/bottom.

Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
46-1201 Bing Crosby - Feet? Screws? Clips for Bottom? - by awc71 - 01-26-2013, 06:47 PM