Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

*A Battery * A battery operated Philco 41-95

Hi,With the usual amount of help from this site I got my 41-95 battery operated radio going. Sounds great and pulls in stuff up and down the dial.
Started to collect the tube data sheets from Franks tube data sheet web site.Got mostly RCA data Sheets for 1A7G ,1N5G,1A5G.The correct tubes for this radio .Except the one's in it are Philco . I noticed the RCA tubes are 1.5 v heaters.I had hooked up 3 volts and the Radio worked great.So I tired 1.5 volts .Elements glow dim but can't get anything out of the speaker.It works good with 3 volts and not at all with 1.5 volts. With out ripping it apart does anyone have one of these running correctly ?Are the
Philco tubes 3 volt ? Can't find that data
Also looking for tube replacements the GT tube are very cheap about 1/3 of the G tubes that are in it.Yet same tube data sheet for both .What is the difference ?I thought battery operated tube would be less expensive .Wow
the G style is up there in price !!! GT's really cheap.
Last question .What antenna does this use? I hooked a fine wire wave magnet type with a long lead of about 20' and it works good.
My cobb job continues. This is not a pretty sight. Looks like a wire
pile instead of an anntena.
So I feel I am about to run out of luck. I keep on as I am smoke will rise.I don't want to blow these tube but want to use the radio. So if anyone can speak with knowledge or authority one on this you are way ahead of me . I will turn it off till I am sure about the A voltage. .
And I appreciate any help I can get ! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
*A Battery * A battery operated Philco 41-95 - by bill T - 03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
[No subject] - by Chuck Schwark - 03-06-2007, 09:11 PM
[No subject] - by bill T - 03-07-2007, 06:32 AM
[No subject] - by Chuck Schwark - 03-07-2007, 08:46 AM
[No subject] - by bill T - 03-12-2007, 05:41 AM
[No subject] - by Chuck Schwark - 03-12-2007, 09:54 AM
[No subject] - by bill T - 03-12-2007, 09:59 AM