Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Securing 38-1 chassis in its cabinet

"jontz" on this phorum and I just concluded making a deal for his Philco 38-1 cabinet. I had been looking for one for some time to mate with my working 38-1 chassis and speaker which has been a shelf queen for about 3 or 4 years. Now, after returning from a trip to Indiana & Ohio, I'm examining the cabinet and trying to determine how the chassis mounted on the sloping shelf. I see some blocks on the sloping cabinet shelf apparently matching with the corners of the chassis deck but no holes for chassis bolts (which I don't find any provision for on the chassis either).

My question is: How does the chassis mount on the sloping shelf? Is it simply set on the shelf with gravity making it rest against the back blocks and the chassis front shafts keeping it from tilting back and falling out of the cabinet or what is the answer? [That doesn't seem plausible to me.]

I'm aware there are 4 horizontal prongs ("tits" I call them), 2 on each side of the chassis. I assume they are there for some reason.
(Doug, if you're reading this, I meant to ask you about this, but forgot when we made the transfer! Icon_sad)

Thanks guys,
Art

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Securing 38-1 chassis in its cabinet - by Art Hoch - 03-04-2013, 10:52 PM
RE: Securing 38-1 chassis in its cabinet - by classicradiorepair - 03-12-2013, 06:52 AM