Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I have a Philco 41 300 Console Radio

My husband and I bought our home in 1992 from the original owner. The house was built in 1940, and the elderly woman sold us a Philco 41 300. I believe they purchased this new to furnish their new home, and that it has never been moved from its current location in our living room, except when we repainted the room.

Its cabinet appears to be in excellent condition to my eye, with no nicks or water marks or other flaws. I believe the unit has all the original Philco tubes - they're definitely all Philco tubes. If any were replaced, it was done prior to our purchase in 1992. It doesn't work, but we've always just liked it as a conversation piece, and never got around to trying to find the problem. A close examination of the back indicates something may have oozed out of one of the capacitors (condensors?).

We are now selling the home, and our buyer has expressed interest in keeping the radio for sentimental reasons. I have questions:

--- What would be a fair price for us to ask of the new buyer?

--- If we wanted to sell this, where would be a good place to go to get the best price?

--- We are in Illinois, and would be concerned about shipping this piece because we aren't sure how delicate the tubes are. Do you have experience shipping this type of thing? If so, can you give us some pointers?

Thank you in advance for your consideration. We'd love it if the new owners of our home wanted to keep the radio for sentimental reasons, but are interested in finding it a good home where it will be appreciated otherwise.

Messages In This Thread
I have a Philco 41 300 Console Radio - by Linda@Mayaluga.com - 03-21-2013, 12:37 PM