Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-2670 Restoration Questions

Thanks. I took great care to ensure the the switch sections not be rotated and made notes as to the shaft position. Then I discovered the notch you mentioned when I put it back together! Smart design.

I had no problem removing the three sections of the RF unit for service. There are only a few connections in each section. I really don't see how it would be possible to reach some of the components unless this were done. I was also able to clean out the dust and crud and clean the swith contacts.

I had difficulty removing a couple of bypass caps that were sandwitched between wafers EVEN WITH IT DISASSEMBLED! There was really no way to cut the lead with any tools I have - the coils were in the way. So I just twisted the cap until the lead broke. I was then able to resolder the connection using my Wen 222 "hot shot" soldering gun.

The two resistors in the RF amp section were OK, but the two in the oscillator section needed to be replaced.

I restuffed all the caps in their original cases, as well as the filter cap can.

One worry: the oscillator section has two mica caps that the schematic says are 250pf. One measured 330pf (it was small and had a single yellow dot - blank - yellow - blank (or brown?)). But the other one was larger, had a single center red dot, and measured 2000pf. I left it in place - I wonder if there was a change? These were padder caps.

Dave

Messages In This Thread
37-2670 Restoration Questions - by davemc - 04-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Removing the RF chassis- easy - by AI2V - 04-11-2007, 09:23 AM
[No subject] - by davemc - 04-12-2007, 06:15 AM
LED spotlight - by AI2V - 04-12-2007, 08:52 AM
[No subject] - by planigan - 04-13-2007, 11:12 PM
[No subject] - by davemc - 04-14-2007, 05:46 AM