Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

71b, please help with checking coils

Thanks guys for your help and many thanks for the information for testing the voltages, my first time.

Good news, Not only did the the R.F., Det. Osc., and I.F. have voltage, I was able to pick up stations off the dial from 700kHz to 1400kHz, including my SSTRAN at 980kHz (with good fidelity on the SSTRAN and a clear station at 1400kHz).

The Voltages for all three coils, These voltages that tested on the Plate were plus or minus a bit.

R.F--------- Plate Volts P to K 245 (Tested 303 volts) Screen Grid SG to K 90 (Tested 100)
Det. Osc.--- Plate Volts P to K 235 (Tested 277 volts) Screen Grid SG to K 90 (Tested 83)
I.F----------Plate Volts P to K 255 (Tested 277 volts) Screen Grid SG to K 90 (Tested 95)

Now I did not test the Plate voltages for the Det. Rect., Audio, Output, and rectifier. But since I received audio loud and clear and power from the Rectifier, I would figure these are all good.

I would think the coils on this radio are good from my findings, I'm only a amateur at this so please give me your thoughts.

Thanks

Jon

Messages In This Thread
RE: 71b, please help with checking coils - by Philco281989 - 05-04-2013, 06:49 PM