Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

orig Philco chassis/cabinet retrofits?

Received our latest Ebay acquisition, a complete orig 1936 Philco Radio model 37-610 shoulder-type tombstone cab with all orig spkr, etc, to retrofit my Wifes family heirloom mod 37-630 chassis into, per their familys requests!! Otherwise, I may have a hard time getting breakfast again!! The orig spkr grill cloth is very dirty,no holes, spkr still looks good. All-in-all, the cab is still very sturdy and has orig finish. I dodged a bullet on having it shipped from Illinois to West Texas!! All the chassis-screws were missing, therefore, all the orig knobs were pulled off by the weight of the loose chassis while it was dangling around during shipping. The audio tube fell-out of the chassis and was lodged between the chassis and interior front of metal-chassis during shipping inside cab. The tube didnt get broken, so "cudos" go to fedex ground shipping. Once I get to inspect everything closer, will go forward with my "retrofit", to keep my Wife happy!! At least I have 2-chassis to work with for spare-parts!! Any ideas for "touch-up" for scratches on the orig Philco cab "photo-finish"?? Best I know of trying is the stain-marker felt tip pens (marks-o-lots)?? I appreciate all you vintage Philco restorers tips, and will proceed with caution!! Hey!!, go dig thru all your old boxes of vintage Philco remnants, and sell me a "shadowmeter escutcheon" for this fine Philco Radio project if you have one??!!! (hee hee) The complete electronic-restoration will be successful, one way or the other!! My life depends on that!! (hee hee)!! Im looking forward to letting my Bride bring up the variac-slowly, so she can hear her vintage family-Philco chassis all restored again, even in a retrofit cabinet!! Life will be good indeed!!! Icon_biggrin Icon_biggrin Randal

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 06-13-2007, 05:56 AM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 06-13-2007, 12:17 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 06-15-2007, 09:04 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 06-17-2007, 12:09 AM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 06-18-2007, 11:02 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 06-19-2007, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 06-26-2007, 09:41 PM