Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1938 model 38-10 just completed

Yes, just got the dial from Radio Daze yesterday. It definitely is on a phenolic material, and is well made. I held it over the old dial before I installed it and it was an exact match as far as size, cut-outs, etc. Same thickness too. The only thing that's slightly different is the color. It's a bit darker than the original. Mark told me the problem he's having (and it appears Radio Daze as well) is finding that original honey color phenolic. He indicated he may have to find a source outside of the country.

As far as the lettering goes, I actually didn't notice the lettering looking to be slightly raised until I saw the photo I took! I must have a powerful flash on that cheap digital camera to set off a glare on such small numerals! Icon_lol So it's possible it's silk screened, but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm happy with the way it looks.

Thanks for your kind words about this radio, and the photographs I've posted in the past. I'd be honored to have any of them appear in your gallery!

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1938 model 38-10 just completed - by morzh - 05-24-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: 1938 model 38-10 just completed - by morzh - 05-24-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: 1938 model 38-10 just completed - by NostalgiaRadioTime - 05-25-2013, 10:41 AM