Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A new Silvertone and an Airline

Found a pair of consoles for sale on Craigslist. A Silvertone 4586 and an Airline 62-188. Wasn't really interested in the Airline at first, but I wound up making a deal for the pair at $50.00. They are in pretty decent shape, the Silvertone even has perfect grill cloth, a little go-jo and Howard's and they should look real nice. Both are missing one knob which I'm sure I can get for the Silvertone, not sure on the Airline. I already have a Silvertone 4587 with the flash tune and mirrored dial, but I have been wanting a console with an eye tube for a while and the new Silvertone has it. The Silvertone looks like a 10 tube set and should sound nice when done. My 4586 sounds good and it's a 10 tuber. The Airline looks like a 7 tube set. I have found schematics for both, but information on the Airline seems very scarce. Not much out there on that set. The young guy selling these also has 1500 tubes he wants to get rid of. I'm sending him a list of my needs soon and when he gets time he'll let me know what he's got. Really nice kid but working 70-90 hrs a week and has no time for hobbies right now.

Last thing I needed was another console let alone 2. I had to sell a 39-40 to make room for a Philco 37-630 I bought. I still have my Philco 14MX being finished up and need to find a place for it, now I have 2 more.....

Messages In This Thread
A new Silvertone and an Airline - by Groundhog74 - 08-21-2013, 06:40 AM
RE: A new Silvertone and an Airline - by codefox1 - 08-21-2013, 11:35 AM