Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not unlucky anymore, I guess....a tale of an audio oscilaltor. Thanks Brenda.

OK, yesterday night I started reforming the second cap and it was reforming much faster, and in the morning I saw the residual voltages on the resistors about order of magnitude lower than on the other cap. Then again, this one is from 1953 and the previous cap was from 1948. Not sure of that should matter. But in the morning I saw the voltages of 0.2V and 0.15V avross 50K resistors whereas the otehr cap had about 1.5 and 3V respectively.

Long story short, tonight I soldered the caps in place (good thing I photographed them from above and from the solder side so there were no questions, plus the wires are rigid solid type so they kept at their places well. BTW the wire is enameled. Almost looks like a magnet wire in jacketing. I had to strip the enamel), used two wires to connect isolating transformer to the input and fired it up, putting the scope at the output.

It works just fine. Generates the full range in cycles and kilocycles.

One down.

Now, I got the Pushpull transformer for the 90, might as well finish it tonight.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not unlucky anymore, I guess....a tale of an audio oscilaltor. Thanks Brenda. - by morzh - 01-15-2014, 08:54 PM