Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aligning 40-155...signal bleeding in

Thank you John for all the great advice! Will start thru it all this afternoon. In inspecting the chassis a bit more i found a crack running across the phenolic base of the mixer....tho continuity wise I'm showing grounding only where there should be...any thoughts?
The push button coils are tuned but get bleed over signal.I have tuned them to what was originally there,,,mostly the stations you name tho the calls have changed on some but the frequency is and has remained the same. Most of those wires were brittle connecting the coils and the buttons...oddly tho the green wire seems to be fine where the red is worthless...odd, but I'm sure it has to do with oil content of insulation or something on those line.
I have an old philco pre-war cap tester that seems to work.
You ask about WCCO...it will show up at 830 but to varying degrees across the dial.
I'm beginning to suspect the antennae on this thing...there are splices in one of the loops.....I may just wind out a new antenna to replace that one.
I will write more later as I start into it today....Thanks again John.
Did you move to a warmer climate? We are on our 15th day in a row of below zero temps. Getting old.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aligning 40-155...signal bleeding in - by jeffgniffke - 02-09-2014, 11:20 AM