Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16b tombstone, code 121

According to the code 121 schematic, there is a 10 mfd cap. (#75) between the driver's secondary center tapping and the ground. And there is one on mine,under the chassis, recent replacement. Later 16b sets had such capacitors installed on the chassis (small aluminum can), but in my case there is no provision for it . I checked some photos of the 121 code sets and could not find such capacitor on the top of the chassis.
Also, any place I can find the new large rubber ring for the dial wheel? I can make one, but if the professionally made ones available, I would rather go that way. Thanks.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013139.pdf

5-band Model 16 sets with the separate electrolytic (75) are early production. Later production models included (75) with one of the main electrolytics, making it a 2-section unit. I'm not near my service info at present, so I do not remember which one but I suspect it was probably (88 ).

If a 16 chassis has the separate capacitor (75), it was mounted under the chassis, not on top.

As for the rubber rings, look here:
http://www.philcoradio.com/tech/drive.htm

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron,

I just looked deeper behind all those new caps and wires and one original E-cap IS, indeed, dual.
Thanks so much.

Remember, the positive end of (75) goes to ground. Negative to B-. 10 uF, 50 volts is more than sufficient as a replacement for (75).

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I made that mistake once.....

Live and learn... It is so easy to screw up-unless paying good attention to the schematic. Especially with a dual e-cap.

Well...fixing radios is about reading schematics. Why would anyone not pay good attention to it?
Icon_confused

That is when one feels so good about his find, that he gets overexcited.

Fields 100;

Congratulations on selecting an excellent Philco to restore! This is a very good performing set when working correctly. It is well worth the effort to restore.

We will be glad to help along the way.

Joe
KC5LY