Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 48-482 (sort of)

That really stinks. I know how it feels to wait for a radio and receive it in pieces.
I finally finished mine. I'm not sure the front panel is photofinish. I refinished it and it came out pretty good. I think with a little work you should be able to salvage it.

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org

I really haven't ascertained the damage as of yet. The seller has covered my cost and shipping so all is A-OK in that respect. It's been a busy weekend. I will probably take a closer look at it this week and see where I stand.

Craig R.

If the push button coil assembly appears undamaged, I could sure use it. Please PM me if it is. I am willing to pay a fair price for it, and priority mail small box flat rate shipping. Just clip the wires midway and send it well wrapped. One of my coils is damaged. Thanks.

It may just be my crazy brain but I dont see anything really wrong...
Cabinet is solid and the chassis is just one side up. It doesn't look bent and the face plate is only broken in the corner so most of it would be hidden when put back in. I would say the grill cloth could be glued back in, chassis slid back in strait and you would have a nice piece.

Of course there could be much unseen damage like the X-frmr ripping out like it did on my last destroyed radio. But I bought it destroyed, Icon_lol
Just not with a bent up chassis.

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

The grain and tone of the front is a faux finish, but not like earlier finishes since it appears to be painted on rather than a transfer. Some of the grain of the wood does show through. It can be reproduced.

Refinished:

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Yep, mine also had the "faux" grain added to the front panel. It was subtle but visible. I gently cleaned mine and left it as is. Great radio, although pretty heavy.