Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-116

Well it has happened again, found another 38-116! That's two this summer! It is 100% complete and the cabinet is in good condition but has been stripped and some what refinished. The chassis is nice and complete with a full set of engraved base Philco tubes. The owner says he was not able to get any reception and I have not tried. The power cord is in BAD condition. Grand total for this one $100. Not to sure what to do with this one, didn't really need another one but could not pass it by.

Gregb

Gregb, at that price you have a lot of options. They are great radios and I'm certain someone within a local pickup area would return you a tidy profit. Super find and price. Post some pictures and you might excite some locals.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Hi Jerry:
I will post a picture tonight but sad to say there are no locals near me, everyone goes to your part of the world. Its to cold here.

Gregb

Greg: Many fond memories of in my early years traveling through your area. I like the city, of course it was summer. Our house had a wood burning heater in the living room! Nice to make it toasty in the winter of which we don't have much. We replaced it with a pellet stove, easier to control and a lot less smoke coming out. I never mastered the stacking of the wood and the old one required a lot of attention, not to mention removing ash. I prefer the cold to the hot, which we are now in.
Good luck on finding a home for that nice radio.
Best, Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Being the hoarder that I am, I will most likely keep it.

Gregb