Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

veneer

I have an old tomestone (6xx something, I would have to look again to be sure) that is missing some veneer. Hop to be able to patch and not remove all. Where do you guys find it in the smaller sizes? Thanks, Bill

You might try rockler.com They have some small piece sizes.

-Bill

If you go to ebay they have some people that sell small pieces for people that make humidors and such, generally they offer most common types of veneers and some that I have never heard of.

There are some vendors, who sell left overs that have been gathered together and sold in that manner. What you will have to do is go to E-Bay and perform a search with "veneer" typed in, and go down the complete list of auctions that have the word "veneer" in the title. I have done this quite often while looking for nice veneers. Go right here, and just start down the line. There are over 900 items, of which half will not pertain to what you are looking for, but it will pick up ALL the veneer.

Oh, you can also go and ask this fellow ther, Thin Wood & Old Tools. He has a sterling reputation, 99.9% positive out of almost 3500 reviews, which is quite hard to duplicate. He will sell you scrap pieces that you may well need.

Constantine has kits of 20 and 50 veneer samples, which can be useful when you need a bit of some exotic grain for patching.

http://www.constantines.com/index.asp?Pa...tegory=167