Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37 620 decal

I just finished my 620 and was about to put it back together when I realized that there is no philco decal!

Before I pull another 66 mess up I need to know what decal was used...

Oh ROOOON Icon_mrgreen

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpOYuCn95dY]

The 1937 season was a time of transition for Philco. They phased out the 1932-36 decals (Radio Daze DCL-PH8 ) and phased in a new, slightly different font (DCL-PH1 and some others).

I don't have a 37-620B, but I do have an AC/DC 37-641B. I just went to the basement and took a good look at it. It uses the 1932-36 DCL-PH8 decal.

I would normally say to use DCL-PH1. This has four sizes on it; you would want to use the 9/32" x 1 9/16" size.

But since many early production 1937 models used the DCL-PH8 decal, and since I know you had to buy some recently for Mike's 66S...my advice is to use another of your DCL-PH8 decals on your 37-620B. It is also correct for this set. (And saves you from having to buy another sheet of decals.) Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

it's ok, it's only money.... Mikes money Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol

Thanks Ron
Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

What you don't sem to now is that "Mike's money" could be Kirk's....used by Mike.
Icon_twisted

It is one of those complex operations....

Ok I got it on but before I clear over it I want to make sure it is correct.

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

Raise it up so that it is centered completely within the upper border and above the black horizontal line where you currently have it placed. You have it placed too low right now.

(I hope you can do this without ruining your new faux finish.) Icon_eek Icon_think

http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1937a.htm#ae
(this link leads you to a 37-623B, which is the same cabinet as the 37-620B.)

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ok, will do!

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

This should be right.

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

That will work. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Will work?

Is that a bad thing.....

I want it to be right.

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

It appears to be a bit off center (just a bit too far to the right) in the photo.

However, the PHILCO decals were not always 100% centered from the factory. When these things were being built, the decals were applied by humans who made errors. If the error was minor, the cabinet went out the door anyway. Thus my comment, "that will work." Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Well, the photo itself is skewed a bit, that can contribute to perception.

You can see how left side and letters are narrower than the right one.

Well. I think only one of us would notice such a small thing. But I did paste-ups and ads a long time ago, and saw it immediately. The font appears to be equal length for all letters so PHI-Center line -LCO would be most corrrect.

Totally agree, Bill (Codefox). Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I maybe am being dense here, but isn't it exactly that, like you said, PHI-centerline-LCO in this picture?