Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 40-201XX

Now this is one classy-looking console. This is a cabinet I would have liked to have found to install Terry J's 41-300 chassis in, even though the two are one model year apart.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6581233556

Too bad it's in Maryland...looks like it may go cheap...don't really have room for it anyway. Icon_sad

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Saw that one also, looked it over and decided Maryland was just too far. Very nice radio and I hope someone picks it up to restore it.

Sure wish I had room for another console! That's about 2 hours or so away.

Tom

Final bid was the opening bid. Somebody got a bargain.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I really considered it. Even went out to my shed to measure to see if I could fit it in! Unfortunately I'm going to have to move, as my landlord is selling my place and I'm already going to have to move about 15 consoles.

Tom

Moving 15 consoles, ouch. I feel for ya, dude.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Forgot to mention, 15 consoles plus about 200 tabletops Icon_smile

Tom

Now I REALLY feel for ya, dude! Not to mention being a bit envious... Icon_smile

Hope you have a sturdy van, minivan or wagon to move all that stuff. I moved this entire household of stuff from across town to here in a 1977 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser. What didn't fit inside got tied to the luggage rack on top. No need for a U-Haul, the Olds moved it all. Of course it developed a transmission leak afterwards. Icon_sad

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I've got an '04 Silverado extended cab. Even though it's a few months until I have to be out, I'm already starting to plan.

Of those 200+ tabletops, they're certainly not all showpieces! About half are pre-WWII and most are either Zenith or Philco, with the odd AK, Crosley, RCA, etc. thrown in. Most of the consoles are Philcos. I doubt if I'll be doing much more restoration work until I've made the move except for finishing what I already have out.

For a guy of 23 (soon to be 24) I can't believe how much I've accumulated in nearly 10 years of collecting!

Tom