Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-116x cabinet chassis tube layout sticker (inside)

Hi Guys, I'm looking for a scan of the chassis/tube layout that is normally glued on the inside of the cabinet. Does such a thing exist ? I know some people have them for certain models, what about the 37-116x ?
Mine is 95% gone. Just a little bit of one of the corners is all that is left. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks !...
Tony

Tony

Do you want the label as the label or do you need the tube layout?

I'm looking for the actual piece of paper or "label" that was glued to the inside of the cabinet. It will complete the restoration after the cabinet gets refinished. I don't need the tube lineup, I have the schematics.
Thanks !
Tony

Then you will need one for the 37-3116 since this is a Canadian version. Unfortunately I don't have one, maybe another Canadian collector does, try the London radio club.
Regards
Arran

I figured the chances of getting a Canadian version of this sticker were next to impossible. I'm willing to overlook the fact that the American version would be on the inside. After all, the chances of getting a scan are much better, with the number of restorations being done in the U.S. It is also "better than nothing".
Tony

No;
It's not impossible to find a correct label to scan, there is a very active antique radio club in London, Ontario, if someone else has a 37-3116X that would be the organization to see. One thing that you will have to note, regardless of whether it is a Toronto built 37-3116X, or a Philadelphia built 37-116X, is what tube layout the set used. There were a number of different code numbers for these sets such as "Code 121" for example, different code numbers used different tube numbers and slightly different circuitry. You need to find one from a set that uses the same tube layout as yours, you can always photoshop the model number to make it correct.
Regards
Arran

I've been a member of the London club for a few years and no one has this radio. This is why I asked on the forum here.
Tony