Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What Model is this?

What Model is this? I was thinking 91x, but haven't seen this exact configuration. How rare are these?
Would $50 be reasonable, given it's missing knobs, faceplate, and I think the dial might need replaced. Of course, regular restoration would be warranted.

thanks,
Brad

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like it also needs a speaker or cone repair at least.

Ron has this info on his gallery pages, ie. "The June 1933 91X was also offered in a cabinet very similar to the 19x shown above."

I did some searching but couldn't find the replacement tuner glass. Anyone know if a reproduction is available?

Quartermoonpro, the 91X does not use any glass in its dial; just a brass escutcheon with a small hole for the shadowmeter and a larger hole below that for the dial scale. The escutcheons are not hard to find and show up on eBay fairly often.

[Image: http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k420/.../91xv2.jpg]
(Photo courtesy Glen Gould for the Philco Radio Gallery)

Yes, pay the $50. It has potential to be a really nice one once restored.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I wonder why the gallery picture has a smaller control panel? You can even see where the trim is notched out for the top of the escutcheon compared to the extra trim raised well above the dial cutout in the first picture.

Well the cabinet is more like an 19x, but it could also be a perspective issue.

Tab
You see it too ?
Top pic looks higher and dial echlin is not in to top molding like bottom one
Sam

I was able to get her for $32.00, so that's pretty good. I noticed the tuning dial doesn't move when the control is worked, but it's probably a dial cord. I think the original photo threw off the perspective.

Absolutely best of luck on the restoration of this wonderful old radio ! I really look forward to following your electronic work in that section of the forum, and your cabinet work in that section. Keep us all posted !. Looks like a wonderful, if a bit challenging, project.

This is going to be my winter project for sure. I've got a 665x that I'm currently restoring, so I've got to get that one off my plate before I tackle this beauty. While I'm not documenting the 665x, I will be doing so on this restore. Side note, anyone know if the speaker grill material pictured in my original picture is what was stock on this model?