Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tube Shield for Philco 38-15

Hi y'all,

I'm in need of a Tube Shield for Philco 38-15 (28-5059) and am wondering if I could fabricate one from a can? I never did anything like this but it should work, right?

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome w2rik
Sam

Hi Rik
There is several ways to correct this problem. You can rap the tube w/ tin foil and gnding the foil or dig up an old groat shield. Or you can see if find a replacement. Should reduce the hum in the audio.
Terry N3GTE

Hiya Terry,

I have a regular cylindrical shield on it now, it stopped the squealing but there is a hum there that varies when I lightly reposition the shield... But it is still there. I am going to try to ground the shield (it's just sitting on the chassis now) and see if that will 'git 'er done'.

Tnx for the tips, OM!

Rik
w2rik

Icon_wave Welcome to the Phorum!  If you look on John Kendall's site, go to "Parts" and search on 38-15 you'll see he has a rusted parts chassis.  You might write him and see if he's got a tube shield for you.  A couple other places to try to find a replacement are found here.  You can put a "Wanted" ad in this Phorum in the "Wanted" section as well.  (You can also fabricate one.)

Mike like those little table radios he might have a spare.
Terry