Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-380 Lives again! (Fixed video)

Finally finished the electronics and did a quick alignment. The "Off" switch was toast, so I used a Rat Shack microswitch in its place. All new caps, resistors, and all rubber insulation has been replaced. I didn't have to replace any tubes.  It still needs a new escutcheon and some knobs. 

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45lG7J2Q...e=youtu.be]

It's not how bad you mess up, it's how well you can recover.

Quote:Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Fixed it. Moved video to YouTube.

Grrreat! I even thought for a sec, the way the stations followed each other, it was FM....

very nice job ! sounds excellent !

BTW, that last station was my low power AM transmitter playing a Pandora 'Swing' station. We've got a whole lotta nuthin' on AM in Tampa Bay. I rolled past the only two AM music stations here on the video, Radio Disney and a Spanish music station. I'd rather punch myself in the face than listen to Radio Disney.

I can't tell you how tickled I was for it to work the first time it powered up. I've been working on this thing on and off for about 8 months. Also, it didn't take much tweaking at all to align it. The sound is just about as good as my 39-45, but the internal antenna isn't as sensitive as the long wire on the other console for SW, even up against an outside wall. But it's good enough for what I want to do with it, mainly listen to streamed music in my bedroom.