Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 112 value

I am at a meet and he has a 112 console. I want it by what is a good price? Condition is nice and has most all pill I globe tubes.
Any ideas?

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

I think it depends alot on which cabinet style.  The high boy version (Gedes?) seems much more popular.

I can't post a pic but it is boxy and has a slant speaker area. 10 tubes and there is one completed on eBay for $750. Or $795

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Don't know but think it's the less popular style. If I had to have it I might throw a couple of hundred at it . But I'm cheep!
Terry

That's a 112X.

http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1932a.htm#e

If it's cheap and you have the room, grab it! I wouldn't pay more than $100...at a meet, see if you can get it for $50...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hey Kirk
Did you p/u a west coast radio lately?? On the 112X personally I would save my money for something a bit more unusual or desirable like any of the 16/116 series or 200/201X, unless the price is very good. You know once you buy it you've got to get rid of it at some point. Some point sneaks up on you when you not looking.
Terry

The slant version seems less popular.  I picked up one at a yard sale.  I do have a chassis if you need some parts.

I purchased it because it was nice and looks complete.

Not sure how in love with it I am but we will see.

Now I think it is missing the big tube shield  Icon_rolleyes

Here are some pics:

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

I paid 75 for 111 which is the same electronics-wise, the cabinet is nice....I would go up to $100 IF the cabinet was solid and the speaker worked. Otherwise $75.

There are all kinds of asking prices on fleabay that are just plain stupid, I've seen 70s cabinet stereos on there with $400 BIN prices, along with $150 opening bids on 8 track players that I can get for near nothing. I doubt whether you could get $750 for a 112 with a Geddes cabinet either, neither seems to be terribly rare, they even sold versions of the latter in Canada. A 112X is not a bad looking cabinet, but I don't think it's the best looking of the inclined sound board sets, curious how it only has a single speaker.
Regards
Arran

Kirk, I've got a tube shield from a 111 that should fit.

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/view...5&t=253174

Let me know if you're interested.

Rodney