Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

66B band switch question-SOLVED-

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a while back Morzh and I were trying to figure out the best way to free up the band switch. After a lot of work we were both able to get them freed up.
Now, my question: while I have the switch moving freely and switching properly, in my zeal to free it up I no longer have a stop. In other words, the switch now turns a full 360 degrees instead of stopping after one click to the right and one to the left.
Any ideas on what the stop is and what it looks like and where it is located?

Thanks,

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org

It should be right against the detent front plate.  
The tab may be broken off and you can't recognize it?
Probably not an adjustable stop plate, but a tab preset.
Tab must be gone, if swx rotates 360.

Eric.....yeah, man, hate to break it to ya, but as Chick said (and you probably suspected it all along when you said something about "your zeal to free it up") you had likely broken some sort of a tab.
Which considering the degree of seizing (two hands effort and Robo-grip pliers produced little if any movement....what did they use for lube, Liquid Nails?) is something no one should be blamed for.

I do not remember how this thing looked exactly (I liked the idea of it coming out completely when the retention ring was removed...oh, wait....I did not have any retention ring Icon_smile ) but if it had some sort of rib or a peg, you could (now that you can pull it out) in case of a peg drill a little hole (carefully not to break it) and glue in a cylindrical peg of some rigid insulating material, or if it is a a rib, simply glue a small bar of something along where the original was.

If you could produce a photo of what you have and point to the place of where the stop was we could brainstorm it here.
Of course it might be not on the rotor, but on the stator.....same thing, get a photo.

Yup. That's what I was afraid of. Now I just have to find out where it was and what it looked like.

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL

Yep. Why don't you find out where it was and what it looked like. Icon_lol

Suerte.

very funny   Icon_lol Icon_lol

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL

Well guys, thanks to you I figured it out. I pulled out the shaft and I could see where the stop was. I drilled a small hole in the Bakelite just below where the original was in the switch body. I super glued a small pin in the hole and...son of a gun! It works Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

Thanks, guys.

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL

Well, 'twas easy.
Great!