Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-2 tuning mech

Got some guts and took it all apart greased it all up and put it back together, It almost turns by itself now.
Does this push my status up now Icon_biggrin Philco 38-2 dial mech expert Icon_rolleyes 
Thanks for the help morzh.

Hi all,
Well I went further into the tuning mech thought I had it fixed B4, but the binding was still a factor 
with the band switch.Took the whole thing apart today, and found the problem.The band switch indicator
dial Phenolic or plastic had a crack where the retaining ring has a split in it.The crack the was on either
side of the ring and could not pass without getting caught. Sooo I tried to take the 2 pieces apart
to fix the crack removed all the station preset screws and tried to seperate them,not an easy thing
to do. Anyway I got it to free up some what, but still was not right,but better than it was.Put it all back
together and it was still binding.

Well to make long story short still having to hold the band switch lever to not have it move while turning
the dial let it go and and it moved went to switch it back and SNAP!!!! Icon_mad  the indicator broke onto pieces.  
The best part is now the dial moves freely worst is the hunt for a new indicator.