Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Next case - Odd Philco 42-720 Tropic

Arran

That isn't a hole in the chassis - re my previous post:

Quote:In addition, whether I purchase Edcor or Hammond, another hole will have to be drilled where the melted wax from the transformer formed a round indentation on the chassis - both new transformers have wires protruding from both bells while the original had all wires coming out one end only (hence, only one large hole in the chassis).

What you see there is a spot neatly made by the wax that melted and came out of the old transformer. There is a hole cover in the other bell of the original transformer, and much of the wax collected there when it melted out and left a bowl-like indentation in the chassis. No hole in the chassis there. I will have to drill a hole, and enlarge it with my Ryobi "Dremel" tool and a metal cutting bit.

Anyway, I'm going to have to go with Hammond because an Edcor would be rubbing against the rectifier tube and one of the output tubes on one side, and against the volume control on the other side - that is, if it would even go in that limited space.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next case - Odd Philco 42-720 Tropic - by sam - 10-30-2014, 02:55 AM
RE: Next case - Odd Philco 42-720 Tropic - by Ron Ramirez - 11-04-2014, 07:00 AM