Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Next case - Odd Philco 42-720 Tropic

The second time's the charm...maybe...(keeping my fingers crossed)

[Image: http://www.philcoradio.com/images/phorum...e00027.jpg]

Yes, I sprayed on the Super 77 again a little while ago, then (very carefully) brought the back plate in and placed it in the plastic pan with a paper towel underneath it. I then dumped some flocking fibers over it. I carefully picked it up and gently shook it...just a little bit...and then scooped up some of the loose fibers and sprinkled them over the plate again. After turning it sideways to just let the heavy excess fall off, I stopped while I was ahead and took the photo. It looks like the flocking fibers completely covered the plate as they were supposed to.

I've set it in the house garage to leave it alone for a day or two. It's rather cold in there, but I didn't want the cats to get into the pan, and they do not have access to the house garage.

I'll probably leave it alone until Saturday, and then I'll bring it in. I will wait and reclaim the unused fibers at that time.

So, Greg...you say I can lightly wipe off the back plate once the glue is dry with a fingertip? As you see in the photo, it looks lumpy right now, but is 100% covered. I hope it turns out smooth (without a "lumpy" appearance) when it is dry...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next case - Odd Philco 42-720 Tropic - by sam - 10-30-2014, 02:55 AM
RE: Next case - Odd Philco 42-720 Tropic - by Ron Ramirez - 11-13-2014, 01:58 PM