Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Microwave Woodworm

Ex Ray is on the ball on this one, I worked for an import company once, anytime you buy something made overseas ask yourself did that 40 ft' container get fumigated? Many time they do as customs will even notice bugs in their spotty inspections. It is a bigger issue than you may think.

Paul

Tubetalk1

How interesting, I never knew that was done.
Thank you Paul for the information.

Charlie

Microwave would probably work but there's usually a size problem.

(11-16-2014, 08:59 AM)Paul Philco322 Wrote:  Ex Ray is on the ball on this one, I worked for an import company once, anytime you buy something made overseas ask yourself did that 40 ft' container get fumigated? Many time they do as customs will even notice bugs in their spotty inspections. It is a bigger issue than you may think.

Paul

+1 for what Paul said.
I deal with CBP at the port once in a while for work. I often see cargo containers being fumigated in their inspection yard.

It's not how bad you mess up, it's how well you can recover.

Yep makes sense.

I guess all kinds of bugs can get in through those containers.   Bugs & beetles and anything that can crawl, Walk or fly.
The authorities gota protect crops and the like and well done to them.   I am sure those guys have prevented many problems we will probably never know about.

But But But.   I doubt very much if they are at all concerned about our great PAL the woodworm bug.   Nope cant see these particular bugs being up there on the ace of cards of homeland security either. Sooooo.   I am gona build me a super duper woodworm zapping microwave cabinate. Icon_twisted   One of these days that is.  Its in the to do bucket.

Unless of course. Some of you  guys wana join in with me and we build one each. ?

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. Icon_thumbup

Willie.