Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1941 Philco BOL Changer

I have this changer that I am restoring from a 41-608. It is working but I cannot get the auto reject at the end of playing a record adjusted properly. I can get it to either trip early or not at all. If anyone has worked on one of these can you give me some tips? I have the Philco service manual covering this changer but it doesn't give me any help on this problem.

The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.

I had the exact same problem with this changer that I restored a few years ago.  I ended up cutting a disk of cork and putting it in between the clutch assembly for the reject.  There was no trace of one originally in my changer but there is a part 35-2539 shown in the 1941 RMS service info that might be this disk.

Sean
WØKPX

There are scans of the pages of "Automatic Record Changers and Recorders" by John Rider on the internet.  The changer in the 41-608 was made by Webster-Chicago and I think is a modified model 21 or 22 or something like that.  Maybe someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.  Anyway, start looking at page 670 to see if anything looks familiar:

http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?view=...84;num=670

Sean
WØKPX